Last Update: 2021-06-30
Introduction & Purpose of Policy
- Imaginet is an Internet Service Provider (ISP) in South Africa offering a variety of internet related services that include connectivity, web hosting and email.
- In order to provide all of our visitors and clients the best possible experience, we collect and process certain personal information in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information (POPI) Act.
- The purpose of this policy is to provide clarity on the kinds of personal information we store, what we will be using it for, and how we will endeavour to keep your data safe.
- By signing up for services with Imaginet, you agree that we may collect personal information about you and/or your company in line with the terms of this policy.
Definition Used in This Document
- ‘Imaginet’ will refer to Alexandre Miller CC T/A Imaginet Internet Services or our representatives.
- ‘Clients’ will refer to individuals or companies who maintain any services, paid or otherwise, through Imaginet.
- ‘Query’ will refer to any email, message or phone call that Imaginet receives.
- ‘Website’ will refer to https://www.imaginet.co.za or any subdomains thereof.
- ‘Visitor’ will refer to any person accessing the website.
What Personal Information is Collected
- Information that is collected and processed by Imaginet can be split into three separate categories:
- Imaginet maintains records of personal information that includes names, physical addresses, phone numbers, email addresses and ID numbers for identification purposes.
- In addition, debit order or credit card details will be required for billing purposes.
- Where services are provided to a company, Imaginet maintains records of company information that includes VAT numbers and company registration details.
- In the case of mobile connectivity, Imaginet may require further documentation including copies of IDs and proof of residence.
- When making use of online services provided by imaginet, logs are kept for diagnostic and security purposes and as a legal requirement. These logs include the public IP address used to access the service, and may include non-personal information, such as the program version and operating system used to access the server.
- Sales Enquiries
- Can include name, phone number and email. As well as any other personal information provided in order to quote on services
- Public IP address used to access the site and information collected about the computer’s browser such as OS, browser used, timezone. The information that we collect does not identify you personally.
What Security Measures Are in Place to Protect Your Personal Information
- While absolute security can not be guaranteed, we take all reasonable technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal data is stored and accessed securely. Data is stored in a secure hosting facility with access restrictions and firewalls in place to protect your data.
- Imaginet does not store credit card details, these are stored securely by our payment processing partner.
What Your Personal Information is Used For
- The information collected will be used in order to be able to provide you with the services that you have requested.
- Contact information will also be used to provide you with information relevant to the services provided as well as informing you of changes to our offerings. You can change your preferences for notifications at any time.
- Sales Enquiries
- The information provided to us will only be used in order to answer your query or provide you with a quote on services you have expressed interest in. We will never use this information for other marketing purposes unless you expressly give your consent.
- The information collected will be used for aggregated statistics in order to better understand our user’s experiences and to improve our services and offerings. The information will also be monitored for security reasons in order to protect the integrity of our systems.
Who is Your Personal Information Shared With
- Your information will be shared with our technology and business partners for the sole purpose of providing you with the services requested. This includes couriers, upstream providers and contractors doing installation work.
- Debit order and credit card details are only shared with our payment processing partner in order to facilitate billing for services.
- We will never sell or share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Updating, Querying or Deleting Your Personal Information
- Clients can view and update their personal information via our client portal, https://my.imaginet.co.za
- Alternatively an email can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to request information on data stored or provide updated information.
- Requests to delete data can be sent to email@example.com in order to have any data not required by law removed from our systems.
How Long Do We Keep your Personal Information For
- Relevant personal information is kept for as long as is needed to provide you with the services requested.
- Once the services are terminated, we will keep certain information, such as invoices, which may contain personal information, for the minimum time as required by law.
- Emails sent to us will be retained for a maximum of 5 years, however emails sent from clients will be retained for the duration of the period for which we are providing you services.
- If you have any queries regarding this policy document, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 086 111 1101